ELECTRICAL SERVICE ENGINEER
Middleton Engineering Limited, founded in 1975 and based in Meare near Glastonbury are one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of waste recycling equipment. The company designs, builds, installs, commissions, trains and services a wide variety of equipment including balers, conveyors, sorting systems and wrapping systems. We are looking to recruit engineers with good electrical and/or mechanical skills to join our service team working on customers’ sites and in-house in the factory in Meare. Ideally the candidate should have experience of industrial maintenance and installation of PLC Controlled Hydraulic equipment or similar, with a bias towards an electrical background. A minimum City & Guilds (or similar) qualification in industrial electrical controls, mechatronics or engineering should back this up.
The role would be ideally suited to someone who is prepared to work away from base, either individually or as part of a team, for extended periods and at short notice. If you are interested in any of the vacancies below, please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing a covering letter & full CV.
SERVICE ENGINEER (ELECTRICAL)
- Build, service, commission and test run equipment ready for despatch from the factory.
- Install, service and maintain equipment away from the factory.
- Diagnose and rectify all faults on equipment.
- Panel wiring, machine rewires and electrical maintenance of workshop.
- Provide cover for call out periods on a rota basis and over bank holiday periods
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Respond flexibly and positively to Senior Storeman or Service Coordinator to ensure service work is allocated evenly and effectively.
- Ensure all equipment and consumables are booked in and out of stores correctly.
- Ensure all appropriate documentation is filled out correctly (i.e. job cards, requisitions, timesheets, report sheets, cutting lists etc.).
- Report any defects in manufactured goods, consumables or tools so they can be rectified promptly
- Liaise with the Store man to ensure vans are kept roadworthy, equipment is maintained and materials are booked out.
- Assist production personnel when working in the factory.
- Ensure all equipment is used safely and follow all working procedures.
- Ensure all workstations and areas are kept clean and free from items which may cause health and safety risks to individuals and work colleagues.
- Ability to work and communicate with others.
- Work on own initiative in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to communicate with customers in a polite and responsive manner.
- Be fully conversant with PLC electrical control systems.
- Ability to read and work from hydraulic, mechanical schematics.
- General understanding of service procedures and control measures.
- General knowledge in mechanical and hydraulic controls systems.
- Be fully conversant with electrical control systems.
- Respond flexibly to change.
- Hold a full driving licence.